Friday 29 June 2012

The Third Eye Introduces all the Members of the AUIS Noor Cast


by The Third Eye
Mark the calendar. It is the AUIS Noor Company's moments. A group of the students of the American University of Iraq, Sulaimani, whose tears duct are active not to protect their eyes from dust, but to shed the light of their people who have experienced the most terrible circumstances a person can ever imagine. The AUIS Noor Cast members shed their tears over the injures and graves of the hundreds of thousands of the innocent people in the country, Iraq. They cry for the pain of every single person who is in danger, they cry for the death of their beloved people who sacrificed their lives for the sake of freedom and justice, and they, last but not least, cry to turn their tears to lighten the life of those people who are living in their dark homes.
They throw their hands to the sky  and cry loudly not only for one Noor in Iraq, but also for every Noor wherever she is. When you hear Ali tells a story about how he was treated in prison, when you see Daoud weeps for the misconceptions people have toward Muslims, when you see Assad Hussein(father) cries for her daughter's disappearance, when you see Abdullah prays with his tears for the sake of Noor being safe, and when you see the audience cry, then you understand how connected Noor is as every single person wants to come up on stage and tells his or her life story he or she has faced in this land.
Noor bring the pictures of the events when ambulances rush taking victims to hospitals, mothers and fathers weep on the graves of their beloved children, girls can barely walk to their schools, people come back from their jobs to find places where they called home, but they were no longer exist. This is briefly what Noor  tells us all. It tells us that, "revenge and hatred will not repair our broken hearts, [and] we must feel for the pain of others."
The Third Eye is pleased  to introduce you all the members of the AUIS Noor Cast. Those whose message is peace to every humanity in the world. They all believe that their first tears should be shed for the others not themselves.

The Noor Cast
Name: Kardo Kamil Mohammed
Role in the Play: Abdullah, a scholar and mystic
Major: Engineering
Interests: I love art as I have always said  I am art and art is me. Art is the very source of everything the way we dress up, eat, laugh, lie, love, write, read, see, think.
If you only understand art-at least appreciate it, you are able to understand everything from its root. the best part of art for me is photography and being on stage. this is because, in photography, I see what most of others cannot see, perhaps they can see it but not the way I do, and for stage, it is the place where you can be tow bodies and tow soul at the same time.
______________________________________________________________

Name: Mohammad Baheej Readh
Major: Business Administration
Role in the play: Daoud, a doctor
Interests: I wish that we can deliver the message of Noor to everyone around the world so people would know how Iraqi families have suffered the anarchy of wars since long time and how Islam is being defined as the religion of peace and love. I wish that one day the idea of Noor goes abroad and deliver the picture of our future that is built on sacrificing, love, and loyalty to our country, Iraq.
______________________________________________________________
                                                             Name: Mahdy Murad
Major: Business Administration
Role in the play: Ali, a lawyer
Interests: Reading, writing, and volunteering.

If you look around at the other people here, you know that almost everyone lost someone very close to them in a war. I say a war because there have been many of them since the day we were born.
And actually, it is incredible to hear some people crying for war again. We, the cast, do not cry for war. We stand together, as Kurds and Arabs to cry for the loved ones we have lost, to cry out against corrupt politicians and greedy business men, to cry out a warning to everyone who thinks someone is evil just because they speak Kurdish or Arabic or English. We cry for all these things, but most of all, we cry for every Noor in every home, wherever she is.
___________________________________________________________
Name: Isa Mohammed Isa
Major: Business Administrative 
Role in the Play: Assad Hussain, Father
Interests: Collecting well made movies, watching football (specially AC Milan and Al-Talaba), Reading (Specially history and fiction).
Interesting facts: My nick name is Jesus Jr. III because I'm the third Isa in my family after my grandfather and his grandfather. I know my ancestors until my 11th grandfather, I can't eat eggs daily, I slept once for 2 days, I stayed awake once for 38 hours, I lived in three countries in my life and visited 6 all were near the Arab gulf (also known as the Persian gulf). Also, I lived seven years without my parents only with my brothers, elder and younger.
___________________________________________________________
Name: Rawa Hamza Ali
Major: Engineering



Role in the play: Captain


Interests: Sports of all kind, Traveling, and music.


The play was special to every member of the cast, not just because we were part of it, but because most of us can relate to this great play.
_______________________________________________________________
Name: Helin Nahro Said Sofi


Major: Engineering


Role in the play:  Sergeant


Interests: Fashion


I hate those people that make differences between men and women!!
_________________________________________________________________
Name: Abdulkarem Abdullah Alkhafaji


Major: Engineering


Role in the play: Sheikh, Soldier 1


Interests: Theatre, Basketball, and Volunteering
_________________________________________
Name: Mustafa Ahmed Hashem


Major:  undecided


Role in the Play: Disciple, Fadel, Soldier 3

Interested:  I am Interested in everything except studying.
_________________________________________
Name: Saman Karim       


Major: Engineering


Role in the play: Flunky, Soldier 0


Noor was another experience to me to participate in another English play . It was really great and interesting. I have learnt how to role in a play that has scenario. I have learnt how to have different roles in one play to my role and the cast . The curiosity of the cast was inspired me to not quit the play.

_____________________________________________________________        
Name: Mewan Nahro Saeed Sofi


Major: International Studies


Role in the play: The Deputy Minister


Interests: Drawing, Travelling, and Exploring.


Having a role in this play was not only something I enjoyed, it thought me about many things in live. 
_____________________________________________________


Name: Roshna Rasul      


Major: Engeneering


Role in the play: Auntie Fatima


Noor is a light that will lighten every home in Iraq.


____________________________________________________
Name: Banoo Heewa Omer.
Major: Engineering
Role in the play: Noor
Interests: I used to play basketball and I’ve recently found my interest in acting. I play for Noor and I’ve learned a lot through this play, not just about acting, but to some extent, about myself, group working, and leadership as well. This play was indeed one of the best things that happened to me throughout the school year.

____________________________________________________
Faculty Advisors:

Peter Friedrich                         Director
Seth Voytek                            Stage Manager
Ryan Gorman                          Script Supervisor
Zayne Amer                            Voice Coach
_______________________________________________________________
The Technical Family:

Abdullah Al Jaboori                Technical Director
Ola Muhammed Taha             Sound
Ahmed Muhammed Taha       Effects
Aws Muhammed Taha            Cameras
Ali Kubbe                               Lights
 Sherihan Khalil          Technical Advisor      
___________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment