Wednesday 11 July 2012

Hemin Salah, A Friendly Face at AUIS


by The Third Eye
Hemin Salah, AUIS Assistant Register.
If you walk to the AUIS register's office in the first floor of the AUIS presidency building, you will find a person who always has smile on his face. Hemin Salahaddin Essamaddin Muhammed, who is known among the AUIS community as Hemin Salah was born on Jan 6th, 1967, in Sulaimani. He graduated from the college of language at Sulaimani Univeristy and obtained his Bachelor's degree in English Language and Literature in 2008 at the same university. He also holds a degree from Mosul Technical Institute in Mechanical Department. It is worth mentioning that Hemin was one of the top ten graduates of both colleges where he graduated. Salah is in the middle class family. He is married and has a four-year-old boy whose name is Hawlan.

 Hemin joined AUIS on November 24th, 2008. He is currently an assistant to the Register's Office. He said he loved his job.
"I’m happy with my work." stated Salah. "The reason why I like my work is because the Registrar Office is the student service and key department for AUIS. It has a direct connection with the students, faculty and staff as well. Registrar Office has the net that links everything  related to the students. Student’s Records tracking absences, making student’s IDs, writing enrollment verifications, course evaluations, and many other things which are related to the student."   

Students said they loved Hemin.
 "I really love Kak Hemin," added Twana Muhammed, an Engineering major from Rania. "He is always there to help us, off course, with his smiling face. Whenever I needed anything, Kak Hemin has done for me without any problem. He is in love with both his job and students."

Another student described Hemin as a very friendly person.
"He [Hemin] is one of the most friendly people who works at AUIS," said Kazho M. Latif, a Business Administration major from Sulaimani. "He never stops helping the students. Whenever I asked him for help, he was ready and never refused to help."

Salah said he had a strong relationship with the AUIS community, especially with the students.
"Thanks GOD that I have a good relationship with the students," he added. "I always want to keep that relation between us as much as I can. One day I was a student just like them at the same level of study. I know what their challenges and ambitions are."  

Salah said he was in love with literature and his goal was to get M.A. in that field.
 "I love literature." he said. "One of my ambitions is to study an M.A. in Literature."

Salah said that AUIS students had great opportunities to achieve their goals through AUIS.
 "My message to the AUIS community is that," he added. "I recommend and encourage them to study hard. AUIS is the only source they can achieve or obtain their ambitions through knowledge and fulfill their challenges. I wish them all the best to all AUIS students. Finally I would like to forward the AUIS students one of the greatest quotes by Bertrand Russell who said, “The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge.”

Interestingly, Salah told the The Third Eye something about himself that not so many people know about. He does painting, playing music, and calligraphy as well. 

4 comments:

  1. Hussein A. Hussein11 July 2012 at 13:13

    This is the best report I read on the third eye..maybe that is because of the person who was interviewed.
    Mr. Salah is a very respectable friendly person. We love him and appreciate the hard work he has been doing for AUIS.
    Dast Xosh Mahdi...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all love Kak Hemin, he is a good man. Chawmana Kak Hemin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all love Kak Hemin, Chawmana Kak Hemin :)

    ReplyDelete