Monday 3 March 2014

To AUIS Community: Respect Patrick Cline!

by The Third Eye
Earl Patrick Cline
Photo courtesy of the AUIS website 
Earl Patrick Cline, known as Mr. Pat, among the AUIS community, has been in Kurdistan for about five years. He has contributed a lot to the American University of Iraq, Sulaimani community, students and faculty staff members.
In a brief letter, I would like to thank Mr. Pat for being such an amazing professor and would love to let everyone know how much I, who have taken many classes with Mr. Pat and is an AUIS graduate now, learned from Mr. Pat. I would never be able to thank him enough for all the great lessons he has taught me during my few years of being one of his students. I am sure almost every single student who has taken classes with Mr. Pat feels as the same as I do about him for his awesome pedagogy and his willingness to teach.  

Now, as I am in the practical world of the knowledge I have gained through my five years of studying at AUIS, I cannot believe how each and every single word Mr. Pat has taught me is truly applicable not only to the filed of my work but also to my life. AUIS community generally, especially business students should truly be proud of having not only the chance of taking classes with this man, but also to, at least, talk for some minutes with Mr. Pat. He has been the most inspiring professor I have ever seen in my life.
Many students might argue that his classes are challenging. Yes, that is the beauty of being his student. You will never know how amazing is when you step by step recall all the words this man teaches you after you start your career. I, as one of the AUIS business major graduates, had the honour of being Mr. Pat’s student for several classes. I was thinking the same and just like how you all might think now as his classes are challenging and you might be sad for not getting very high grades. Well, do not worry so much about not getting high grades, but listen to him and try not to miss any advice he gives because he is right and whatever he states is based on his long-time experience in the field.  For now, I humbly ask all of you to have so much respect for this man.

I have heard that AUIS administration has refused to give the position of Chairman of Business Department only because he was not holding PHD. Yes, that is an academic requirement, and I somehow agree with that. However, if AUIS Administration conducts a survey among not only the business majors but all the students, I am sure almost everyone will say there is no better candidate than Mr. Pat. So, it is really important for AUIS administration to take these points into consideration and have, this time, a young and energetic man who will think and understand about students’ lives more than anyone to be the head of the department of business. It is a promise that AUIS business department will step triple for good if that man becomes the chairman of the department. Therefore, I, again, would like to ask AUIS administration to do whatever it can to keep Mr. Pat within the AUIS community as long as possible. I would also like to, again, ask the students to have so much respect and value for every word this man is saying everyday both during and outside classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment