Sunday 10 February 2013

Rebeen Azad, Man of Action



Rebeen Azad
Photo: AUIS Facebook page
There are some people among the AUI,S faculty staff members whose hard works are difficult to be noticed even though their efforts have dramatic effect on the outstanding improvement AUI,S experiences these days. The Third Eye, as one of the prime channels where such voices can be heard, always tries to appreciate those hard-workers. We need to clarify for the AUI,S community about those who do their jobs as it should be and those who don’t. Today, Third Eye directs its extra eye to measure those who work well. However, that doesn’t mean the same eye will ignore the others. For sure, there will be the opposite description about those who do not do their jobs. We believe that people who do their jobs should be known and differentiated from those who just sit on their chairs and do almost nothing.

This time, the Third Eye introduces a man whose fabulous effort he has put into his job so far creates several positive changes to AUI,S. That man is Rebeen Azad, who is there and ready whenever work needs him as he stated, “…when the work needs me I am not counting hours. Instead, I am thinking of students who may benefit from this extra work.” He started working at AUI,S on July 3rd 2011 . Azad is currently the Enrollment and Financial Aid Manager at AUI,S. He is also involved in the recruiting, admission and enrollment processes. Azad has B.Sc. in Chemistry from University of Sulaimani and MBA in International Management and Leadership from the American University of Iraq, Sulaimani. Azad is an experienced man who has worked in various fields of work, government, NGOs, Media, Airport, and several other small businesses before. Azad is married with two precious daughters, Tre and Alle and is living in a small house in a neighborhood near AUI,S.  

In a brief interview with the Thrid Eye, Azad uncovers how he feels about the AUI,S community generally, specifically about his job.

Are you happy or unhappy with your work? Why?
Regardless of the fact that sometimes you have to be selective in accepting students, or making decisions that may affect students, I am happy that I could treat all students from different backgrounds equally and happier to work with such an amazing team. I think that without each member of our team we couldn’t perform even close to the quality and efficiency that we have worked in our department.

Tell us one thing you really love about your job and one thing that really bothers you about your job. 
Honestly, the one thing I love about my job is being able to make a difference in the system, hopefully a positive difference. On another hand, sometimes, I can’t make it to attend some social activities like funerals, parties …etc. It is true that close family members and close friends are aware and understand my work demand, nevertheless, some people only think that I wasn’t there, if they read this I would like to apologize to them.

Beside your academic work, what else do you spend your time with?
Family, news, surfing the web.

What do you predict about the future of AUI,S?
I have great hopes from AUIS and I think that with the current student body, staff and faculty members to be the best university in the entire country. Of course, that doesn’t mean there isn’t room for improvement.

What is your message for the AUI,S students?
I would like to thank them from the bottom of my heart for being so nice to me, I apologize to those who may’ve negatively affected by my decisions or job nature, I didn’t mean to hurt anyone, I just tried to be fair.

If you have anything else, we would be happier to hear.
Thank you very much for this opportunity and I would like to seize this opportunity to ask our dear students to speak up any concern they have, through the proper channels. This is a relatively young university and constructive criticism will be always good, after all we are promising a student-centered education style. 

No comments:

Post a Comment