Tuesday 21 January 2014

Unlike Politicians’ Kids!

Photo courtesy of Google
by The Third Eye
There are two distinguished groups of students in Kurdistan’s and Iraqi both public and private universities whose plans and opportunities specifically after their undergraduate schools clearly differentiate them from each other. I will use the American University of Iraq, Sulaimani students as an example to identify the two different groups and will do my best to support the argument with clear examples and evidences.

From politicians’ sons and daughters:
I will go on vacation for two to three months as soon as I am done with final exams, I will leave Kurdistan to one of the European countries after my graduation, I will study my master’s degree right after my graduation, my father owns several companies and I will be a CEO of one of those businesses, or I will do nothing because I have already achieved everything way more than what I need and many many more!

From ordinary families’ sons and daughters:
I have to work so hard to pay back the money I have borrowed to finish my undergraduate school, my family needs my support, so  I have to make some money to provide them with their basic needs, I am 25-years old and I have to work hard to save some money to marry, have a simple life, and many many more!
This is how the two different classes of students live in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. Alas, whatever is enjoyable goes to those politician’s sons and daughters. Is it because those sons and daughters are smarter than the sons and daughters of ordinary people? Absolutely not! I have studied at the American University of Iraq, Sulaimani, where many of those politicians’ sons and daughters are gathered, for five years. I have never ever seen one out of such a big number of those politician’s sons and daughter’s being impressive and get a grade higher than the other ordinary students. Whatever I have experienced over the last five years at AUIS was students from ordinary families holding events and running extra-curricular activities inside university. The winners of all those activities have almost always been the students who came to AUIS from families who were not financially rich. Now, who should get a chance to go to graduate school? Who should be fully-funded to attend graduate schools? Who among the two different groups of students will learn more and bring more back from those graduate schools to Kurdistan and Iraq?

It is worth mentioning that the sons and daughters of those politicians’ families have been the biggest winners of a side of life at the American University of Iraq, Sulaimani. Guess what that side can be? They have been the undefeated side for POZ (POZ: It is a Kurdish word which literary means “Showing off). However, they show-off with their physical appearance and physical objectives and tools they own through their families’ income, which almost everybody in Kurdistan and Iraq knows where that money flows to their bank accounts, such as cars and clothes not with their GPA and grades in their exams.

Last but not least, I am publishing this article not because I have personal issues with those politician’s and their kids. The article is dedicated to tell the truth. And, we want to at least have equality among the students of the educational institutes if not in the other places. I must mention that not those entire sons and daughters of politicians act the same. There are so few who behave really well and even inspire the others. However, they are so few, but The Third Eye has so much respect to them and we hope to have as many of them as possible. We wouldn’t mind to mention their names, but we thought those few are well-known. We look forward their behaviors inspiring the others and teaching the other politicians kids to behave and be as normal as the rest of AUIS students.

Toward the most inspiring and comfortable environment at AUIS ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment