Monday 13 February 2012

Thank You All....!


I don't know how to start. I am experiencing the best moments in my life. Thus, I feel obligated to thank those who have provided me such moments. I don't know who I should put in the list of those who I MUST say thank you first. However, you all have the same value for me. Those whose names are in the bottom of my list are as much important as those who are first mentioned in the list. I thank you all.
I feel so obligate to thank all the wonderful people at AUIS. My professors, my classmates, and every single member of AUIS who challenged me and encouraged me to achieve anything so far and to be in the position where I am now. I thank you all in deep of my heart. It is all because of your encouragement that has provided me such achievements so far. I can't put all the words and gratefulness I have in my heart and mind right now. All I would like to say is that I am so grateful toward all the support you have provided me so far, I am thankful toward it, and  I will be grateful toward it forever. Thanks again. I owe you a lot!
Next, I would love to thank MEPI for many reasons. It was such a great program that has provided me so many opportunities to improve my skills and find the answer for, "What should I do, and what should I take care of?" Moreover, I thank MEPI for introducing me the most wonderful people around the world. I am so grateful toward all the support that all the MEPI 2011 participants have provided me so far, especially MEPI GeorgeTowners. Anytime I receive any e-mail and comment from any of you,  it means a lot for me, and it changed the way I live dramatically. Thank you so much.

I MUST thank my host family in the U.S, too. Dwight and Sarah, my lovely parents in the U.S., Thank you so much for everything you have provided me. I really owe you for everything you have done for me when I was with you in the U.S. I have special respect for all the nice words I am always hearing and receiving from you.  I don't know which word and inbox I should choose to share with all since they are all wonderful. So, I am going to pick some of those words that I have received from you and have changed my life dramatically to share with people. I want to prove that good people are everywhere around the world. Those who had a chance to meet with such a wonderful family like, Ruffi, were the most luckiest people in the world, and, of course, those who will be meeting with you will have the same chance as well. Dwight and Sarah, any time I read any of those words below, I am so encouraged and pushed to do whatever is the best to my friends and community.
·         That was a great thing to do! I am proud that you have a very big heart. It was the right thing to do. Too bad more people did not have your spirit. You might not think so, but you my son, are changing the world and that is what we need more of. Lastly your welcome and mom and I are so proud of you!!

·         I can't wait to hear about what is going on in your life! We are wondering what you are up too?
Love you Dad

·         The boys were very inspired from your story as so was the rest of the family. I had to tell them all of the great act of kindness that you did! Thank you.

·         I thought of you the other day, when I came in contact with a lady that had three children at the library. She was dropped off by her husband with only the clothes on her back and 3 children. They told me that they were homeless and had no place to stay. So we got them into a shelter and took them out to dinner. I feel so guilty how we have so much and some people have nothing. I have decided to sell some of my things that I do not use and donate the money to the shelter. I have never encountered homeless people. I was really scared, but I knew that I had to help them out.
They came over on Saturday for dinner again and we sat down to figure out a plan, so she could get some help. Your kindness through the letter or blog saw me through this tough time. Thank you. I appreciate you and the kind words that added to me to be a better person. I truly feel that you will change the world and make it a better place for everyone to live in. You really understand people and your knowledge can benefit millions. Keep your spirits up and never ever give up! The world is counting on you and so am I.

Love, DAD

·         We had an interesting day. A lady that was at a homeless shelter 6 months ago called us today. I was surprised to hear from her. She was at a different homeless shelter and trying to make sense of life. I feel so bad for her. She has 3 beautiful children and an abusive husband. She has tried to make a relationship work with her husband, but you can't fix STUPID! When I picked her up, she really felt bad and did not say much. It was kind of awkward. By the time we got to our house she was telling me that the kids were in school here in Wausau and she was going to start looking for a job or go back to school. The little boy that is 4 years old said to me he was hungry and that his belly hurt. I can't believe that we live in a "Super Power", country and can't feed every child that is hungry. What a shame! So, my mission is to get this family back on track and find them a place to live. Please include them in your prayers so that they can find peace in their lives. I hope that you have a great day and do not mind that I brag about you every chance I get! You have changed our lives and even though we had such a short time to spend together, you have made us better people. Thank you Mahdy! I look to you for strength and memories of you keep a smile on my face. Love, Dad

·         I am glad that we made a good and lasting impression.
You truly are one of our kids.
We certainly enjoyed having you stay with us. You have officially been Ruffi-ized. https://s-static.ak.facebook.com/images/blank.gif I think that we are like an addiction ... once you stay in our house, we are in your mind and heart forever. https://s-static.ak.facebook.com/images/blank.gif Take care and I'll talk to you soon.

Love,
Mom


Off course, I am sharing such stories not to show off and be proud of myself, but to show the world we have such great people around us and in every corner in the world. I have a dream that these words will, at least, encourage the others to think and act the same way. Can you imagine how great the world would be if everyone think and act that way? These words really changed the way I should behave. I hope they will do the same with those who read them as well. Thank you so much my family in the U.S. I owe you a lot again. For sure, I have to thank both AUIS and MEPI for introducing me such a wonderful people. I am sure I would not be able to see them if I were not a student at AUIS and a MEPI participant. AUIS, specifically, was the main reason to meet with such great people and achieve what I have gained so far. 

Last but not least, I am so grateful toward God and to all  who helped me achieve the opportunity to be the Student of the Month at my university. I promise you I mean it when I am saying, “Success to me is like a door you build yourself, but keep open for your community. I want to see others walk through it -- from Rania, Baghdad, anywhere in my country people look for opportunity. If it gets too crowded, that’s okay. I just need to build more doors.” I promise to follow that mission. What you will read below will be a starting point of a drop of water of a sea that I want everyone drinks a fresh water of it in his or he life.


Name: Mahdi Murad
Year: 3rd semester academic student
Major: Business
Mark your calendar; it’s Mahdi's month. He has created the business plan competition, served as a translator for the agricultural summit with Spain, led a faculty delegation to Rania, and won a scholarship to a Georgetown summer program in Greece. Of course that didn’t take a month; it took two weeks!
 
His long-term commitments are even more impressive. He is the business manager for the AUIS Voice, managing all advertising, printing and distribution. He plays a leading role in Akbar Ahmed’s Noor, coming to AUIS in May. He is the AUIS Ambassador for Business Across Borders (businessacrossborders.org), a young, dynamic organization that seeks to spur economic growth in the Middle East. Finally, in his spare time, Mahdi works 16 hours a week for Samart.
 
Mahdi’s plans for the rest of his career, or month, are anyone’s guess. But along with his talent and ambition, he is gifted with perspective. “Success to me is like a door you build yourself, but keep open for your community,’ he says. “ I want to see others walk through it -- from Rania, Baghdad, anywhere in my country people look for opportunity. If it gets too crowded, that’s okay. I just need to build more doors.”





2 comments:

  1. you deserve more than this mahdy gyan. Eshalla you will achieve better and better in your life :)

    Kardo Kamil

    ReplyDelete
  2. U r such a nice a person I met ever i swear

    ReplyDelete